Monday: 8, treadmill - 7.5 @ goal marathon pace
Tuesday: cadence-specific spin class
Thursday: fartleks & hill intervals (treadmill, probably 5 or 6 miles)
Friday: spinning + weights
Sat & Sunday: have yet to decide because I haven't seen my schedule yet, but I'd like to get out for a relaxed, long-ish run and/or bike ride.
If you are as lucky as we are to have the one of the best supermarkets in the country (in my opinion) - Publix - then this chicken salad practically makes itself. If you don't have a Publix, don't worry, you can still make this recipe, you just have to either rotisserie your own chicken or, more realistically, find a place that does chicken really well. For us, that happens to be Publix, where you can buy a whole cooked chicken for $7.00.
Super-easy Chicken Salad
- 1 fully cooked (and cooled) chicken, chopped. My favorite is the original recipe rotisserie chicken but Publix's lemon pepper one is good, too. I use all the white and dark meat plus just a little bit of the golden delicious skin. When watching fat and calories, skip the skin and take your time to carefully pick your meat from the chicken to avoid any extra fat.
- 1-2c. chopped carrots
- 1-2c. chopped celery
- 1/2c. chopped scallions
- 1 small chopped granny smith apple
- 1/2c. Craisins
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp mustard (yellow, dijon, spicy, whatever you like best)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- about 1/4 tsp each paprika, ground black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
To serve, I like to eat my chicken salad in a wrap. I LOVE Flat-Out Pita Bread.
I literally *just* read this and I can't tell you how much this resonates with me:
-- Madeline Glasser
What is your main motivation to be fit?My 6-month old daughter is my main motivation. One lifetime with her is just not enough. In order to make sure I am around for a long time I maintain a healthy lifestyle. Not only does staying fit benefit me, but it sets a positive example for her. I want Emmalyne to grow up being active and LOVING it.
What's YOUR primary source of inspiration and motivation?