Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Blurbs

Work: Where I work is considered "fine dining," so it makes me happy when people come in looking for good food but are not uppity about it. I got a good laugh from people at one of my tables who were discussing things like why every woman needs a gay male friend and what was on the latest Tosh.0.

Workout: 45 minutes on the bike followed by some lower body strength work. I just read (literally 3 minutes ago) from another blogger who suffers the same left-sided woes and she mentioned her PT suggested strengthening the glutes. So I'm gonna go bust my ass, literally.

Little Miss: Absolutely flooring me this week with all of her little sayings and habits. She's starting to understand reasoning and logic when we explain things, which is great except when we say "You can't have ice cream right now because we're eating dinner very soon." And she goes, "Well, I can just have a little bit. You can give me JUUUST a little bit of ice cream. OK? Ok!"

Something Fun: Catching up on "Community". This episode is about an epic pillow fight, played out like a PBS documentary. I can't express in nearly enough words how friggin' AWESOME this show is.

"Winger's critics suggest Winger improvised hot button patriotic dogma in a Ferris Bueller-ian attempt to delay school. Winger decries the accusation as, 'a slanderous betrayal akin to 9/11'."

This Weekend: Easy run tomorrow, work tomorrow night, and then... Easter Brunch. I'm hoping the Holy Spirit only delivers patient, kind guests to our restaurant, because I'm just a little worried about hundreds of stressed-out families trying to keep their kids' Easter outfits maple syrup-free.Well, even if it is chaos, one of our server assistants is dressing up as the Easter Bunny, which will be sure to cheer me up if things get crazy. After work... it's an evening off! From, like, everything.

Any good weekend plans? Are you running or taking a break (or hopefully both)?

Do you have any Easter traditions? I used to love boiling and decorating eggs. These days, I can't possibly make use of all that dyed, boiled protein. Now, I just wait anxiously for Cadbury Eggs to go on clearance on Monday.

 

No comments: