Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Adventures in Social Networking

I added a "like" button over THERE ------> (Or, down and to the right. Anyway, go find it and click on it. Make me feel loved!)

I've decided that as I figure out the logistics of how I will conduct my personal business, I want to expand my social network to get my blog "out there."

To be honest, this whole thing started when LiveJournal took a nosedive. Remember LiveJournal? I felt like it was a great outlet for all of that teen angst, not to mention a fantastic way to be discovered as the youngest, brightest, most deep and insightful writer EVER.

Have you ever heard someone use the term "verbal diarrhea?" Yeah, that was my LiveJournal. I remember it oh so clearly, I can practically hear "Jagged Little Pill" blaring in the background as I angrily pound away at my keyboard.

Well long gone are the days when I pretend I have any brilliant observations about the world to share. I no longer feign any amount of intellect let alone that anything that I say or feel is truly that original. If nothing else, the Blogger, Twitter, and Facebook communities have shown me how ALIKE we all are... and I think it is absolutely WONDERFUL.




I love that I am not the only parent who doesn't read "Parenting" magazine like it's the bible.

I love that I don't need to feel guilty if I place more priority on my workouts than getting anything done around the house.

I love that runners active in all forms of social networking are equally supportive of each other, whether someone has just completed their first 5K or their 15th Marathon.


I love that when I mistakenly think I am alone in a given situation, I always come across something shared by another runner/blogger/parent that reminds me someone else is going through the same thing.

Whether it's something minor like how to get a good meal on the table or something major like tackling our demons that prevent us from achieving our goals, I love that we all have ideas and wisdom to share.

So if you stumble upon this blog, stick around for a while and see if you can find some inspiration or even just a laugh. If you have something to share I'd love to hear about it. I want this to be a place where real people connect. So-called Real Housewives need not apply. Even if you just lurk and don't have much to add, throw a "like" my way on Facebook so I know you're out there.


Thanks to those of you who have been reading so far!

No comments: