Monday, April 9, 2012

No Bunnies were harmed in the making of this post.

We survived Easter with no casualties to servers, bunny ears, or actual bunnies (well, except for the prosciutto-wrapped rabbit tenderloin feature on our menu). In our home, we have yet to even introduce the concept of Easter. Since it's not something we really observe or celebrate, we know that her first introduction to the holiday will be when her friends start bragging about how many treats they got in their baskets. As a self-confessed sweets fiend, I have to be careful that the Little Miss doesn't grow up with the same insatiable desire for sugar that I did. Seriously, if there was anything with chocolate, ice cream or, heaven forbid, a combination of both in our house, it was soon opened by my grubby little fingers and promptly devoured.

As a preventative measure, once I got home from work yesterday I headed straight for the raw carrots in an attempt to cleanse my system of all the sweets I had to look at on the restaurant's dessert buffet table. I made sure my daughter enjoyed some with me. That's the great thing about her- she'll eat what I eat... for now!

Some good things from this weekend:
  • Great weather!
  • Sleeping in until 10:30 Saturday morning thanks to the hubby.
  • Plantain chips and pork pibil tacos at Across The Street.
  • Margaritas with plantain chips and pork pibil tacos.
  • Getting a random text from my friends/neighbors about how much they love my kid (making this proud Mama tear up at work!)
  • Getting a random text from my husband about how much he loves and appreciates me (for the record, he's pretty awesome, too).
Some not-so-good things this weekend:
  •  Having a guest tell my manager she though I was a racially profiling her. Yup.
  • Missing out on running in the great weather.
  • Seeing this guy and not even really knowing who he is:
Boys, listen up. Trey says sex ain't better than love.

except for a vaguely familiar and really cute kid (he's actually just a year younger than me, but c'mon, just look at that face!). I'm so out of touch with who's who. I miss getting excited about celebrity encounters.
Fortunately, with the end of the weekend comes the start of my "weekend". I'm looking forward to a nice evening run tonight, since once the weather warms up twilight is my favorite time to run. Of course I'll be safe and wear my blindingly reflective shirt. I might not be hip but I sure can dress like it. Dayglow is coming back, isn't it? Yeah....

I don't wear my sunglasses at night, but when you see me you'll wish you did.

Do you have any great celebrity stories to share?

What's your favorite time of day to run or work out?

No comments: