Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday Night Spin -- I'm Baaaack!

Well, I was actually back on Friday, and taught class on Saturday morning. And I'd love to tell you I'm back with an awesome playlist of brand new tunes... but with all my catching up and picture-posting, that hasn't exactly happened, either. But I did group together some of my favorite, full-tilt, butt-whooping tunes for an awesome class to make up for the one I missed teaching my class last week. I'll spare you lengthy drill descriptions and just post the songs I used. I challenge you to listen to the same songs in the same order and NOT spin/run/work your a$$ off:
  1. "Good Feeling" - Flo Rida
  2. "Power is On" - The Go! Team
  3. "Mr. G" - DeadMau5
  4. "In the End' - Linkin Park
  5. "Jump" - Flo Rida
  6. "Right Here, Right Now" - Fatboy Slim
  7. "Devil Drums" - Scooter
  8. "My Body" - Young the Giant
  9. "Lose Yourself" - Eminem
  10. "Raise Your Glass" -Pink
  11. "All My Life" - Foo Fighters

Yeah, all the usual suspects. I'm a creature of habit sometimes, and I can't help but go back to my old standby's when I'm in the need of really getting the blood pumping and adrenaline flowing. In fact, I'm gonna be lazy and just leave you with a few videos, just so I can conserve all of my energy for tonight :-D



There's a theme... kinda.

Coming this week, hopefully, my first video blog. When I stupidly went for a 6-mile run outdoors yesterday, although I was well-hydrated leading up to the run, it occurred to me that it had been a while since I'd run in 90+ degrees. That's something I definitely should have accounted for and taken some extra water with me. I slogged through the run just fine, but felt pretty icky for a few hours afterwards. It had me thinking that while there are lots of articles and "how to"s out there for people who are completely new to working out in the heat, it might be helpful to post tips for other wanna-be know-it-alls who think they're conditioned enough that they don't need to consider the heat's affect on their workouts (like... uh, me).

So to that end- can anyone recommend some decent (preferably free or cheap) basic video editing software, so I can ramble at you in person instead of only in writing? Thanks!

Have you braved the heat where you live?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh, we had 99 degree temps here for a few days last week, but it's cooled down to a lovely unseasonable 73 today. Yeah, I don't know either. Anyway, mad props for making such a long trip with a toddler! I hope you guys are getting settled back in, heat notwithstanding.

ahealthierfitterme.com said...

Still pretty chilli here in AK...Love the playlist & cant' wait for the video ;o)