Thursday, March 8, 2012

Three Things Thursday: Staycation

1.) Someone may have slept until 9:45...
Part I of our Staycation did take place with family up in SC, but these next few days will be at home while the Little Bit soaks up a little more grandparent time. I'm not exactly off from work anymore, either, as I work tomorrow through Sunday. But there are advantages to being toddler-free for a minute, like rolling out of bed and going straight to Whole Foods (don't worry, I put clothes on) and then being able to take time to smell aromatic bath salts, linger in the coffee aisle while sipping samples, and reading the labels on local products.

2.) Speaking of coffee...
Hehe, he's naked....
Locally roasted beans, freshly ground just moments before brewing a pot of French Press. Call me a coffee snob, but if there's a better way to enjoy a cup of coffee, I have yet to find it.

 
3.) Speaking of reading labels...
Local Yogurt!
I'm trying to get back to making smoothies, which typically include frozen berries + Greek yogurt + protein powder + almond milk. I like my protein. So when I saw this guy on the shelf today I knew I had to try it. When it comes to Atlanta, local most likely means Canton or Winder, as I assume there aren't that many dairy farms within city limits, but I figure if even just a few items in my fridge and cupboards are local or regional, I'm doing a good thing, right?


What's your ideal "staycation" day?




1 comment:

Teamarcia said...

Oh man I can think of nothing better than lolling childfree in Whole Foods for awhile. Heavenly! Coffee snobs unite!