Thursday, November 20, 2008

two pink lines times two

Yup. There's a bun in the oven. I am, without a doubt, totally preggers and probably more excited and anxious than I've ever been in my whole life.

This morning I took "The" test, as in the one that in my mind would officially determine what I strangely already knew. Sure enough, two pink lines showed up, clear as day. Six hours and another sample of urine later I was staring at another set of pink dashes, confirming that new cells were, in fact, dividing rapidly within me.

Already my mind is swimming with thoughts of how I'm gonna look with a belly, how badly I'll torture my husband with hormonal mood swings, and everything that needs to be done with the house before we can even consider bringing a child through the front door.

Of course there's also the question about what will come of my running. Naturally I know not to push it too hard, to keep my workouts at a conversational pace, and to not get overheated. I'm hoping my current fitness will not be lost entirely as I slow down, but that continuing to keep strong will make for an easier pregnancy and delivery. Even if running includes multiple pit-stops to pee.

But I'm getting way ahead of myself. For the time being, I'll be reveling in the excitement and nervous anticipation that comes with knowing that my husband and I are starting a family (of the flesh and blood and not just furry variety). My sister can't wait to make fun of me when I get my Buddha belly. My husband can't wait for me to experience my 3rd trimester sex drive. My mom... well needless to say she's just ecstatic.

I'm going to be a mom!

No comments: