Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Which Team?

Today's the day we find out: Team Pink, or Team Blue!

Over the past few days I've finally started to feel a connection with the little one. I have yet to experience any consistent movements, but there are little bumps and flutters that seem to occur at the perfect moment to tell me, "yup, I'm still here!" Not long from now, I'm sure I'll feel it kicking away as I'm trying to sleep, poking me in the ribs, and kicking me in the diaphragm. Then, not long after that, it'll be kicking around as I try to change it's diaper, or as it throws a tantrum because the child doesn't want to do his or her chores.

Yikes, too fast.

As I've shared with some of you, we're also looking at moving this year. Zac's job is moving him to Atlanta so we're looking at houses in the 'burbs [far] outside the perimeter. We want to be close enough to enjoy nights out on the town, but far enough away to circumvent rush hour.

There are so many things that need to take place between now and then, and my head is still spinning about where to start. We've secured a person to help us *finally* finish our kitchen and help clean up / landscape our back yard, but the trick is coordinating schedules to actually get that stuff done. And then, before I know it, we'll be dealing with baby registries, putting together a nursery, switching OB's, and figuring out just where the heck I'm gonna deliver. How do people do it? I have a hard enough time remembering to buy dog food and cat litter, let alone figuring out all the things I'll need to take care of a child! (Fortunately, my mother, much as one might suspect if they knew anything about her, has already purchased 6 months worth of diapers.)

Despite the craziness that will soon ensue, I have to remember to take time to enjoy these significantly more comfortable months of pregnancy. I've got my energy, still have my strength and coordination, and I'm still small enough that getting overheated isn't an issue. I suspect the tone in the blog I post a couple months from now won't be nearly as positive, as I'm sweating and cursing while trying to pack boxes, dealing with the possible return of naussea and food aversions, and, for all I know, coping with hemorroids. Too much info? Wait until you (or your significant other) become pregnant. No topic is off-limits.

No comments: