Thursday, March 17, 2011

spring cleaning, cont'd

This week, I've got this to focus on. Project #1 from last week was a bit of a hassle, but I got it done... sort of. I think the writer wanted readers to start with a clean wardrobe. That didn't happen because I can never seem to get out of the laundry gutter, as I like to call it, where I always have like 3 loads of laundry to do at any given time. Readers were also instructed to take "before" and "after" pictures of our closets, but that was just asking too much from this slacker. Besides which, all you'd see in my pictures would be my complete lack of a respectable closet.

But still, I cleaned out the crap, found a ton of clothes to donate, and got my closet to the point where I can find what I'm looking for and hang things back up with ease. Yay!

So, compared to the closet, tackling paper clutter isn't that big of a deal. I actually try not to let junk mail and old bills pile up from month to month.

Fortunately, I'm kind of wiped out with a nasty cold this week, so my working out is at a minimum and I can do things like *trying* to create a neat, organized, clutter-free home. I can't imagine I'd be very good at this cleaning thing if I was out running every day. My goal is to get this house in good working order so that in a couple weeks, I can head out every day and not worry that I'm leaving a mountain of chores behind to have to deal with at the end of the day.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a hard time even enjoying my runs when I know the Stinky Clothes Monster (or, my husband's hamper) is waiting for me when I get back. And I have yet to know what it feels like to have a day where I don't see anything that needs to be done. It's actually kind of annoying.

My husband couldn't care less. When I work on the weekends, the house all but explodes and he's just watching Speed TV after the daughter goes to bed without a care in the world. How do men do that- just turn off their peripheral vision and ignore the messes surrounding them?

Well, since I can't do that, I've got blogs instructing me on all things house-wifey.

No comments: